Monday, January 28, 2013

Paris Trends... Contemporary



Paris was a whirlwind...flew in, went straight to the shows to meet with my vendors and take in the feel of 2013. The next day was spent with Jose Esteves checking out the Puces in Saint Ouen, snow, ice and freezing temperature was the norm. On sunday, I went back to Maisons et Objets in search of new artists, deciphering trends and placing orders. Nightlife was filled with adventures, being stranded after cocktail parties, wearing  high heels in full snowstorm, no taxi in sight...and trying  to walk to  Hotel Costes to find temporary refuge. Meeting friends, designers, more parties, Paris was in full swing!
I was really fortunate to get on a flight to Toulouse on Monday where I met my parents, and drove off to the Pyrenees  for some family time and fabulous skiing.

When one think of contemporary style, one immediately refers to italian design, which had a strong presence at the show. I prefer the softer side of contemporary to the clean cold minimalist look. In my designs, I tend to mix contemporary pieces with vintage, antiques, colourful textiles, to give the spaces some character and warmth .Contemporary with a twist...


Here are a few of my favorite vignettes...

Patricia Urquiola, my favorite designer


Amazing italian collection of wood, bronze and steel


cocktail table as a unique art piece

Top Floor, amazing luxurious hand made rugs, represented in my Showroom Interieurs

Missoni


Italian outdoor collection which I bought for my Showroom Interieurs
Incredibly comfortable and foldable

Fabulous tree light

Modern, organic lighting

Will place orders with this English Manufacturer

Loved this chair by De La Espada


I bought quite a few hand crafted accessories




Celebrating Design in Paris with John Turner,Director, Architecture and Design
 of Benjamin Moore & Co.
Inevitably, we ended at l'Entrecote with promises from John to crack the recipe to its famous and well guarded sauce


Next...Paris, eclectic trend


A bientôt,
Francine

For more on contemporary style, visit my Pinterest pages

3 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds as if Paris was amazing, Francine... both work and play... The show looks excellent... Have a wonderful week... xv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beautiful favorites Francine.
    We've just had International Design Show in Toronto, IDS 2013. It can't come even close to the scale and enormous creative diversity of Maison & Objet. But this is the best we have and it was much better than the previous years.
    Beside some fantastic lighting fixtures there was surprisingly a jewelry booth of Artisans from Paris: Sandrine Giraud, Le bijou modulable. You might have seen her creations at Mason-Objet, they participated there too. I'm wondering if you liked it.
    Have a wonderful family reunion. Enjoy the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting blog ! I'm going to New York next May, I will certainly visit your design shop ! Salutations du Québec !

    Joanne

    (Seriez-vous Québécoise ou Française ?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails Follow InterieursNYC on Twitter